You just took an adorable selfie with a cute pout. But the moment you zoom into the image, you notice the dry, chapped, and dark lips hiding under your lipstick. Well, the easiest solution is deleting the image. But wait! Dark, dry, tanned, and discoloured lips are very natural. Using the right lip scrubs for dark lips can make your lips look fuller and more beautiful.
If you are wondering, can a lip scrub remove dark lips – the answer is yes. There are plenty of homemade lip scrubs with the help of which you can get smooth and pink lips. In this post, we’ll take you through homemade lip scrubs that help you get rid of dark and dry lips.
What is a Lip Scrub?
Lip scrubs for dark lips are a kind of mechanical exfoliation formula, specifically designed to treat lips, the most sensitive and vulnerable part of the body. The textures of these scrubs can be semi-liquid. In some cases, they can also have a soft-solid base. Lip scrubs for smooth lips have a two-way purpose. They exfoliate the skin, removing the dead cells. And also nourish your lips, making them soft and supple.
What Are the Best Lip Scrubs for Dark Lips?
If you are looking for lip scrubs, particularly for men, then, products like – The Natural Wash Ayurvedic Lip Scrub, Dermatouch Dark & Dry Lip Scrub, The Man Company Lip Scrub, and Bella Vita NicoLips Organic Lip Scrub are a must-try. Some of the best lip scrubs for men and women are –
- mCaffeine Coffee Exfoliating Lip Scrub
- UrbanBotanics Brightening and Lightening Lip Scrub
- Khadi Essentials Straberry & Beetroor Lip Scrub
- Namyaa Exfoliating Organic Lip Scrub
Why are Lip Scrubs for Dark Lips Important?
Whether you choose a branded one or go for a home-based solution, lip scrubs for dark lips are important for a bunch of reasons. Some of them are:
- They nourish the dry skin of your lips.
- They make your lips look softer, fuller, and more radiant.
- They soften, smoothen, and make lips look healthier.
- They remove the dry skin cells and lock the moisture.
- They provide a better base for lipstick.
What are the Things to Look for in a Good Lip Scrub?
While applying lip scrubs for dark lips regularly is essential for healthy and beautiful lips, knowing the ingredients is also necessary. Here are some tips on what to look for:
- If you are going to buy one, look for brands that use ingredients that are naturally sourced.
- The best scrubs are usually free from parabens, preservatives, and phthalate.
- Good scrubs include – coconut oil, grapeseed oil, honey, sugar, cocoa butter, glycerin, and coffee grounds.
DIY Homemade Lip Scrub Recipe
There are multiple recipes available for lip scrubs. But before you choose one, you should have a clear idea of your skin type. Here are some homemade lip scrub recipes. Go ahead and choose a recipe for a lip scrub for your dark lips that turns the show for you.
Honey and Sugar Scrub
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Coconut oil – as needed
- Put honey and sugar into a bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Add a little coconut oil to the mixture.
- Rub the paste on your lips in gentle round motions.
- Leave it on your lips and wait for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
How it works
Known as a natural and gentle exfoliator, sugar is a great choice. Honey has both healing and hydrating properties that nourish dry and sensitive lips.
Coffee and Honey Scrub
- Coffee grounds – 1 tablespoon
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Put some coffee grounds.
- Pour the honey and stir well.
- Take the scrub and dab it on your lips.
- Use circular motions to give a smooth massage.
- Leave it as a lip mask for a minute
- Rinse completely with warm water.
How it works
Coffee grounds have the power to make your lips look healthier and happier instantly. Honey works as a natural moisturiser for your lips.
Rose Petals and Milk Scrub
- Petals of fresh rose – 6-8 pieces
- Cold milk – 1/2 cup
- Tear up the petals into tiny bits in a container.
- Now, mix it with milk.
- Make a thick paste.
- Rub the scrub on your lips.
- Massage for 30 seconds.
- Rinse using lukewarm water.
- For best results, apply a lip balm after you have used this scrub.
How it works
Rose petals help in lightening the colour of your lips. The antibacterial properties protect your lips. Cold milk, too, helps to brighten up your lips and prevents discolouration.
Orange Peel and Brown Sugar Scrub
- Orange peel (powdered and dried) – 2 tablespoons
- Brown sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Almond oil – 10 to 12 drops
- Put the dried orange peel into a grinder.
- Grind it till it becomes a fine powder.
- Now, keep it in a separate container.
- Add olive oil and brown sugar and mix all the ingredients.
- Now, apply this scrub to your lips.
- Rub it for around 30 seconds.
- Rinse with warm water.
How it works
For discoloured or dark lips, orange peel works like magic. Almond oil nourishes the dried, chapped, and sensitive skin of your lips. Sugar works as a natural exfoliator and removes dead skin cells.
Coffee and Olive Oil Scrub
- Coffee – 2 teaspoons
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mix the ingredients well in a container.
- Apply the scrub to your lips.
- Message in small circulation motion.
- Rinse with cold water.
How it works
Apart from being a much-loved refreshing beverage, coffee grains have amazing exfoliating qualities. It rejuvenates the skin by clearing up dead skin cells. Olive oil is a great skin protector. It acts as a moisturising agent.
- Coconut oil or olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Peppermint oil or spearmint essential oil – 8 to 10 drops
- Grapeseed oil – ½ teaspoon
- Take a bowl.
- Pour some coconut or olive oil.
- Add some sugar.
- Next, pour in 8 drops of peppermint oil or spearmint essential oil.
- Mix it well and add some grapeseed oil.
- Now, apply the mixture gently to your lips.
- Take 2-3 minutes and rub in a circular motion.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse.
How it works
Sugar is a natural exfoliant. Peppermint oil helps in good circulation so that your lips appear fuller. Grapeseed is packed with antioxidants. It also keeps your lips moisturised.
Lip Scrub – Your Password to Soft and Smooth Lips
Let’s face it. We all pamper our faces with branded moisturisers, creams, and serums. But it is not often that we care for our lips. Well, it is high time that we understand that lips, too, require a bit of nourishment. So, let’s pledge to take care of our lips just by picking up a suitable lip scrub. Lips don’t require fancy items. All the ingredients needed for a recipe for lip scrub are available right in your kitchen cabinet. Remember that along with lip scrubs for smooth lips, applying good quality lipstick is also important.
- Can a lip scrub remove dark lips?
Yes. A lip scrub can help you get rid of dark lips. By using any of the above homemade recipes and following the steps, you can get rid of dark lips just in a few weeks.
- Which lip scrub is best for dark lips?
Honey + Sugar scrub is the bests to get rid of dark lips.
Head to StyleGroves for further tips on beauty and wellness.