Are you worried about dry and dull skin? Is your skin exposed to dirt, heat and pollution?
Cleansing the face and body is extremely important to remove dirt, pollutants, and all kinds of impurities from the skin. Face scrubs are a great way to make your skin feel smooth, fresh and free from dead skin. It is essential to look for the best face scrubs for men that are enriched with natural ingredients.
Recommended Articles –
- Best Herbal Face Wash for Oily Skin
- Best Moisturizers for Men with Oily Skin
- Trendy Bracelets for Men to Accentuate Their Style
- Ethnic Wear: Styles for Men in Desi Look
With various types of face scrubs for men on the shelf, we know it is a long process to choose the suitable scrub. In this post, we’ll take you through some of the best face scrubs for men that help them get rid of dead skin, leaving smooth skin. Before we get into details, let’s understand the basics!
Table of Contents
1. What are the Benefits of Face Scrubs for Men?
Face scrubs for men are skin care products that help remove dead skin from the surface of your skin. They eliminate the chances of clogged pores, acne breakouts, and hyper-pigmentation. Using a facial scrub on a regular basis will give you healthy and glowing skin. Some of the key benefits of using face scrub are as below –
- Dead skin is one of the primary reasons for dry and dull-looking skin. Facial scrubs help remove dead skin, making our skin bright and radiant.
- Our skin produces a natural oil called sebum that gets stored in skin pores. It sometimes becomes excessive and clogs the skin’s pores. Facial scrubs for men help unclog the pores and remove excess oil.
- Facial scrubs help prevent acne and pimples, as they rejuvenate the skin from the inside. Organic face scrubs for men often have natural skin-brightening ingredients that lighten the skin texture
- The best exfoliating scrub for men is often used as a part of skin cleansing. When used before applying any skincare product like – serum, moisturizer, or day/night cream – the results are pretty good.
- Scrubs and exfoliators help improve the health of your skin and make it easier for topical creams to reach deep inside.
So, the next time you worry about dull skin or dark spots, check out some of the best face scrubs for men. If you have acne-prone or sensitive skin – no doubt facial scrubs can help you.
2. What are the Key Ingredients to Look for in Facial Scrub?
Now, you know how beneficial facial scrubs are for your skin. When it comes to choosing the best scrub – you need to take a close look at the ingredients. There are two types of scrubs available in the market –
- Chemical-based: These scrubs are made of chemicals that break down the surface of the skin cells. They are recommended for acne-prone and sensitive skin – as they are more likely to respond to the chemicals. However, they might have some side effects and damage the skin to a great extent. The key ingredients in chemical scrubs are – enzymes, Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs), and Alpha Hydraxo Acids (AHAs).
- Organic – These scrubs are made of 100% natural (plant-based) and herbal ingredients such as – coconut oil, honey, lemon extract, essential oils and ayurvedic herbs. They help in exfoliating the skin and get rid of dead skin without any harmful effects. The best thing is that they can be used on a regular basis
3. How to Apply Face Scrub for Men?
You can use face scrubs just like any face wash. For effective results, you can rinse your face with warm water to open the clogged pores and use the face scrub. Below are the steps to use face scrub for men –
- Before you start using, you need to understand the type of your skin and pick the right face scrub that is suitable for your skin
- You can exfoliate your skin twice a week to remove dirt and excess oil
- Take a small amount of facial scrub and spread it evenly on your palms
- Apply gently on the face and massage the scrub in a circular motion for 10-20 seconds
- Do not apply too much pressure when using a facial scrub
- Apply it over the neck and chin and massage gently in a circular motion
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and remove all the scrub
- Do not rub your face with a towel or any type of cloth
- Apply a mild moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated
4. What are the Best Face Scrubs for Men?
There are various types of face scrubs for men that give you clean and glowing skin. Let us check some of the best face scrubs for men in the market for flake-free skin.
4.1. Kama Ayurveda Himalayan Almond Deep Cleansing Face Scrub for Men
This is a natural face scrub for men that effortlessly cleans the dirt, leaving the skin rejuvenated and soft. It is enriched with ayurvedic ingredients such as sweet almonds, saffron, and sunflower seeds to treat rough and damaged skin.
The saffron present in this scrub brightens the skin tone, whereas sweet almonds help nourish and nurture the skin. With fine granules of almonds, it is a 99.5% natural scrub for men that makes your skin feel softer, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, reverses the signs of ageing, and illuminates the complexion.
4.2. Beardo De-Tan Face Scrub for Men
This best face scrub for men is specially formulated for the rough skin tone of men. It is enriched with arabica coffee beans that help remove tan and brighten dull skin. The best thing is that it is free from parabens, sulfates, silicone, and minerals, and 100% vegan.
Made of natural ingredients and free from harsh chemicals, it is safe on all skin types. It can do wonders on men’s skin and is effective in removing dirt, dead skin cells and blackheads. So, the next time you want to get rid of the tan, give it a quick dose of caffeine scrub.
4.3. The Man Company Charcoal Face Scrub for Men
This is another best face scrubs for men formulated with a unique combination of charcoal and eucalyptus. It helps in treating acne and blackheads, prevents skin infections, has anti-ageing properties, brightens skin, and deeply cleanses the pores. It plays a vital role in bringing back youthfulness and freshness to the skin.
The charcoal extract works wonderfully in treating acne clearing excess oil and rejuvenating the skin. And eucalyptus helps in reducing harmful infections/bacteria and gives a refreshing feel. Also, it is effective in healing skin infections.
4.4. Qraa Men Haldi Chandan Face Scrub for Men
Boosted with natural ingredients like – chandan, coco-betaine, and turmeric oil – this face wash for men gives you radiant and spotless skin. You can use it on a regular basis to wash out dirt from your skin. The ayurvedic properties of sandalwood help prevent acne and rejuvenate your skin.
Being organic in nature, this face scrub for men is free from harmful chemicals parabens sulfates, and mineral oils – so that it won’t harm your skin. Moreover, the anti-inflammatory properties of sandalwood and turmeric help control flare and brighten the skin. It is clinically prepared for men’s skin and works effectively on all types of skin and conditions.
4.5. Ustraa Activated Charcoal Face Scrub for Men
If you are looking for a face scrub that is highly effective in pulling dirt out of your skin pores and keeping your skin free from toxins, this facial scrub is the best choice. The activated charcoal in this scrub helps fight problems caused by pollution.
The walnut granules and Tahitan volcanic sand is rich in disinfecting and antibacterial properties and effectively remove blackheads and whiteheads while leaving your skin clean. Like all the above face scrubs for men, this is also free from SLS and parabens.
4.6. Bombay Shaving Company Coffee Face Scrub
If you are looking for a gentle facial scrub for men, you can try this one. Enriched with shea butter, coffee extracts, walnut, pomegranate, and olive oil – it ensures your skin is nourished from the inside. You can get clear, smooth, and radiant skin – as it effectively removes blackheads, tan and dead skin cells.
It is also free from parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, and silicone. The best thing is it is cruelty-free and is suitable for all types of skin.
- What is the difference between face wash and face scrub?
The face wash is usually a creamy textured product that can be used to clean the exterior layer of the skin. It removes dirt and pollutants from the surface, but might not help clean deep from the inside. A face scrub is in the form of granules (such as – walnut shells, microbeads etc) that exfoliate the skin and remove the dead skin.
- How often should you use a face scrub?
According to dermatologists, face scrubs can be used 2-3 times a week. Human skin loses around 500 million skin cells and hence, one can exfoliate regularly.