It is doubtful whether there is any other industry as dynamic and spontaneously changing as the fashion industry. With the advent of urbanization, India has come to become more brand conscious. The corporate world and the growing exposure to international art, cinema and fashion have led to the popularity of many clothing brands in local circles.
Recommended Posts –
With innumerable domestic and international brands to choose from, it could get a bit confusing. This blog will familiarize you with six Indian brands that specialize in men’s wear. Men’s fashion is a global industry that is consistently growing. So here are six clothing brands for men that are based in India.
Louis Phillippe is a subsidiary venture of Madura Fashion and Lifestyle (MF&L) owned by the Aditya Birla group. It was founded in 1989 and has since been running successfully as a premium men’s clothing brand.
Here are Louis Phillippe’s collections of men’s clothing.
- Mainline/Formals – Formal shirts, trousers and suits
- Luxure – Formal clothes for luxury occasions including premium suits, blazers, ties, etc. are part of the Luxure collection.
- Sports – The brand’s sportswear collection.
- Jeans – Denim products are sold under this label, mostly jeans and jackets.
2. Van Heusen
Another of Aditya Birla Group’s ventures, Van Heusen is an American company whose shares have been bought by the Indian conglomerate in 2013. It is currently the 54th most popular of clothing brands for men, women and children.
Van Heusen’s multiple subsidiaries include the youth fashion wing, People and Planet Fashion. Its clothing range varies as follows.
- Power Dressing – Shirts, trousers, suits, ties and other accessories are sold under Van Heusen’s brand. A wide range of colours and fabrics are explored in this collection range, suitable for both men and women.
- Casuals – T-shirts, shorts, jackets, etc.
- V Dot Club Wear– This sub-brand brings forth miscellaneous collections of men’s clothing starting from shirts and t-shirts to shoes, perfect for ceremonial evenings, giving off a bold, sophisticated style.
- VH Sports – Van Heusen’s ‘Lounge and Atheleisure’ wear includes sportswear and home-wear.
3. Allen Solly
Very versatile in its collection, Allen Solly is another MF&L-owned brand that sells formal and casual men’s wear. It is one of the leading apparel industries in India. Founded in 1993, their collection ranges from shirts, t-shirts, trousers, polos and chinos.
Allen Solly also endorses winter wear collections including sweaters and sweatshirts. It homes a vivid variety of collections for both men and women. The brand has two sub-brands.
- Solly Sport – The sportswear and active-wear sold by the brand come under this label.
- Solly Jeans – The denim products by Allen Solly, namely jeans and jackets
- Friday Dressing – Allen Solly introduced this casual work-wear initiative to the corporate culture in India. This brand focuses on using vibrant colours of shirts, replacing dull blacks and greys. Shirts, t-shirts, chinos, trousers, etc. come under this sub-brand.
- Work Appropriate Casuals – This venture combines leisure-wear with formals and brings forth a collection of casual office wear.
Raymond is the coming together of a classy and mature clothing style. Founded in 1925, Raymond is currently the most popular brand, dedicated exclusively to men’s fashion. It is a dependable brand, especially for formals.
Raymond has stores around 400 cities in the world and is amongst the most popular Indian brands. Some of its subsidiaries are as follows.
- Park Avenue – Raymond’s innovation brand, Park Avenue sells exclusive stylish clothing for men, most suitable for formal occasions.
- Parx – This is Raymond’s casual collection of men’s wear.
- Raymond UCO Denim – Casual jeans.
- Ethnix – This exclusive collection of Indian ethnic men’s clothing label has been a successful venture by Raymond. This label sells sherwani, jackets, and classical suits for men and women.
Peter England came to the Indian markets in 1997 and was subsequently bought by the Aditya Birla Group. This is among the most popular clothing brands for men and endorses casuals, formals and everything in between. Peter England offers innovative collections in denim, linen, festive wear, Indies kurtas, and accessories.
The brand offers unique products like anti-wrinkle shirts and aqua-tech wear that keeps one cool during hot weather. The multiple categories of men’s wear sold by Peter England are as follows.
- Formals – Peter England’s formal collection endorses shirts, trousers, suits, blazers, ties, etc.
- Casuals – T-shirts, shorts, casual trousers, chinos, cargos and polos come under casuals.
- Sportswear – Athletic wear including joggers and track pants for activity purposes
- Indian ethnic wear – Peter England’s ethnic clothing for men includes sherwanis, kurtas, and pyjamas.
Flying Machine is India’s debut at an original denim brand. Founded in 1980, this young brand of men’s clothing has been popular for its affordable prices and innovative and trendy designs.
Owned by Arvind Fashion mill’s garment division, Flying Machine does not confine to jeans and denim products alone. Its garment collection ranges from t-shirts and polos to even footwear for men, women and children.
- Jeans Collection – Primarily a denim brand, Flying Machine offers a wide range of collections in jeans to choose from. Slim-fit, skinny or regular; you name it!
- Other Collections – Shirts, t-shirts, shorts, polos, sweatshirts, bombers, jackets, etc. are other clothing options from Flying Machine.
Let your look speak for you! Styling has become unavoidably important in the contemporary corporate world. The brand that you choose should be able to articulate your style well and bring forth a sophisticated look.
In a diverse cultural space like India, it becomes extremely hard to stay different and unique. So as you choose from the multitude of clothing brands for men, make sure you don’t compromise on quality, class and innovation.
Which out of these brands is your favourite? Let us know in the comments below.