Want to discover pomegranate benefits for skin, hair, and body? From reducing wrinkles and dark spots to promoting hair growth, pomegranate has 10 incredible and unbelievable uses for improving your overall health and beauty. Learn how to incorporate this superfood into your daily routine for maximum results
Pomegranate is a superfood that is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that provides a wide range of benefits for your skin, hair, and body. From fighting the signs of ageing to promoting healthy hair growth, pomegranate improves overall health and beauty. In this article, we will discuss 10 incredible and unbelievable uses of pomegranate for your skin, hair, and body, including reducing inflammation, fighting acne, and more. So, if you’re looking for a natural way to improve your overall health and beauty, pomegranate is definitely worth considering.
What are the Key Nutrients in Pomegranate?
Pomegranates are a good source of Vitamin C and K, folate, and antioxidants. They also contain small amounts of other nutrients such as Vitamin E, vitamin A, potassium, and protein. The most notable nutrient found in pomegranates is a type of antioxidant called punicalagin which has anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
Pomegranates also contain high levels of polyphenols, which are another type of antioxidant. Additionally, pomegranates contain small amounts of other micronutrients such as calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc. In a nutshell, the key nutrients found in pomegranate include:
- Vitamin C: an essential nutrient that helps support the immune system
- Vitamin K: important for blood clotting and bone health
- Folate: essential for cell growth and development
- Potassium: helps regulate blood pressure and supports healthy heart function
- Polyphenols: a type of antioxidant that may help protect against heart disease and certain cancers
- Ellagitannins: another type of antioxidant that is converted to urolithins in the gut, which are thought to have anti-inflammatory effects
How to Use Pomegranate on Skin?
Pomegranate can be used in a number of ways. from cleansers to scrubs, here are the ways to use pomegranate for your skin.
Pomegranate seed oil is rich in keratinocytes and is excellent for skin and hair. Packed with antioxidants, it helps in preventing dry skin and reverses signs of ageing. In addition to protein, folate, and fibre – pomegranate oil is known to contain a high level of omega fatty acids and vitamins. Here is an amazing way to use pomegranate oil as a cleanser –
- Wet your face with warm water to open up your pores.
- Massage a small amount of pomegranate oil onto your skin, being careful to avoid the eye area.
- Use a warm, damp cloth to gently wipe away the oil, along with any dirt or makeup.
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry. Follow up with a toner and moisturizer if desired.
- It’s always good to patch test before using any new product on your face.
Pomegranates can be used as an exfoliator by making a pomegranate seed scrub. Here’s a basic recipe:
- Take 1/4 cup of pomegranate seeds and grind them into a fine powder using a food processor or a mortar and pestle.
- Mix the powder with 1/4 cup of coconut oil or olive oil to create a paste.
- Gently massage the paste onto your face or body in circular motions, focusing on areas with rough or dry skin.
- Leave the scrub on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Use the pomegranate seed scrub once or twice a week for the best results.
Note: Pomegranate seed oil can also be used as an exfoliant. You can add it to your favourite exfoliating cream or lotion and gently rub it on your face or body.
Pomegranate skin toner is a type of toner made from pomegranate extract and helps improve the appearance of the skin. Pomegranate skin toner can be applied using a cotton pad or sprayed directly onto the skin. Here is a simple recipe for a pomegranate skin toner:
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pomegranate juice, witch hazel, and aloe vera gel.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a clean, airtight container.
- To use, apply a small amount of the toner to a cotton pad and gently wipe it over your face and neck after cleansing.
- Store the toner in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Shake well before each use.
Note: It is always recommended to do a patch test before using any new product.
Pomegranate is a great ingredient for a face pack as it is high in antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. It can also help to brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Here is a basic recipe to make a pomegranate face pack –
- Blend the seeds of a pomegranate and mix them with honey or yoghurt to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Use it 2-3 times a week for best results.
Pomegranate body scrub helps exfoliate your skin, making it smooth and supple. If you are looking for a body scrub to use after wax or shave, try this scrub. Here is a recipe for a pomegranate body scrub:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the sugar, coconut oil, pomegranate seeds, and dried pomegranate powder.
- Mix well.
- If using, add the pomegranate essential oil and mix again.
- Use the scrub in the shower or bath, massaging it onto your skin in circular motions.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
Note: You can also add other ingredients like honey, olive oil, or yoghurt to enhance the benefits of the scrub.
Pomegranate Benefits for Skin, Hair, and Body
Pomegranate has many potential benefits for skin, including antioxidant properties that may help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that may help to reduce redness and inflammation. It is important to note that pomegranate is not a proven treatment for any condition and it is always best to consult a healthcare professional before using any new supplement or treatment.
1. Boost Memory
Pomegranate can give your brain an antioxidant boost. The antioxidants present in pomegranate might augment memory function and improves blood circulation. It also helps reduce oxidative stress and protects the brain from certain neurological conditions such as Alzheimer’s, depression, and anxiety.
2. Reduce Blood Pressure
There is some evidence to suggest that pomegranate may have blood pressure-lowering effects. Studies have shown that pomegranate juice and supplements may help to reduce systolic and diastolic blood pressure in people with hypertension. It’s always best to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new dietary supplement to your routine.
3. Prevent Cardiovascular Disease
Pomegranate is a fruit that has been shown to have potential benefits for cardiovascular health. Studies have found that pomegranate juice can lower blood pressure, improve blood flow to the heart, and reduce inflammation in the body. Additionally, the antioxidant in pomegranate can help protect the heart and blood vessels from damage caused by free radicals.
4. Hydrates skin
It is believed that pomegranate juice may have hydrating properties for the skin due to its high antioxidant content. Antioxidants can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and may also help to improve skin elasticity. It keeps your skin hydrated, giving it a smooth feel and glow.
5. Fights Against Cancer
Pomegranate has been studied for its potential anti-cancer properties. Some studies have shown that pomegranate juice and extracts may inhibit the growth and spread of certain types of cancer cells, such as breast, prostate and colon cancer.
6. Promotes Hair Growth
There is some evidence to suggest that pomegranate may have benefits for hair growth. Pomegranate is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help protect the hair and scalp from damage caused by free radicals. Additionally, pomegranate may help increase blood flow to the scalp, which can promote hair growth.
7. Relieves Arthritis
Pomegranate has been studied for its potential anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which may help to alleviate symptoms of arthritis. It can reduce the symptoms of swelling, pain, and tenderness by suppressing inflammation.
8. Promotes Bone Health
Pomegranates are a rich source of antioxidants, which are beneficial for heart health. They contain high levels of polyphenols, specifically punicalagin and punicic acid that lowers blood pressure and improve blood flow to the heart. Additionally, pomegranates have anti-inflammatory properties and may help to lower cholesterol levels. They also contain Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
9. Fight Acne
Pomegranate may have anti-inflammatory properties that may help to reduce the appearance of acne. It’s also important to note that diet alone is unlikely to completely clear up acne. A combination of a healthy diet, a good skincare routine and avoiding triggers that cause breakouts are the best ways to reduce acne.
10. Reverses Signs of Ageing
Pomegranate is a fruit that is high in antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Some studies have suggested that pomegranate may have anti-ageing effects on the skin, such as reducing the appearance of wrinkles and improving skin elasticity. Pomegranate seed oil is commonly used in cosmetics and skincare products for its potential anti-ageing properties.
In conclusion, pomegranates can provide a variety of benefits for the skin, hair, and body. It can help to protect the skin from sun damage, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve the overall health of the skin. Pomegranate oil nourishes and strengthens hair, helping to prevent hair loss and promoting hair growth. Additionally, pomegranate can also help to lower blood pressure and improve heart health, making it a beneficial addition to a healthy diet. Overall, pomegranate is a versatile and nutrient-dense fruit that can provide numerous benefits for skin, hair, and body.
- Do pomegranates make your skin glow?
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and vitamins, which may benefit the skin. Antioxidants such as vitamin C and polyphenols found in pomegranates may help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and UV radiation. Additionally, pomegranates contain punicalagin, which may help to reduce inflammation and improve skin elasticity. A healthy diet and lifestyle, regular exercise, and proper skincare are also important for maintaining healthy, glowing skin.
- Does pomegranate increase skin colour?
Pomegranate is a natural source of antioxidants and polyphenols, which may help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. However, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that pomegranate can increase skin colour.
- What happens if I have pomegranate every day?
Eating pomegranate daily can have several potential health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and potentially lowering the risk of certain types of cancer. We recommend consuming a variety of fruits and vegetables to ensure a balanced diet, rather than relying on one food as a sole source of nutrition
- How to use pomegranate for skin whitening?
Pomegranate has skin-lightening properties, but there is not enough scientific evidence to support this claim. However, some people use pomegranate in the form of juice, extract, or oil as a natural remedy for skin whitening. You can either apply it topically or consume it orally.