Are you looking for natural home remedies to combat hair fall? We know just how frustrating it can be to brush, wash and style your hair only to find out that the hard work has gone in vain since strands are still coming off. Hair loss or balding can cause a great deal of emotional distress, especially if it’s taking place when you least expect it. Instead of panicking in such a situation, why not try out some natural home remedies that can help reduce the shedding of your lovely locks?
Here we’ve listed 10 simple yet effective solutions that you could use right away without having to visit any salon or beauty parlour!
Table of Contents
1. What is Hair Fall?
Hair fall is a common problem faced by many and it can be both distressing and embarrassing. It refers to excessive loss of hair from the scalp. It can develop gradually over years and is irreversible if left untreated. It is not mal to shed 50-100 strands of hair every day. In some people, the hair either grows slowly or does not grow again, resulting in baldness or the absence of hair.
Fortunately, there are remedies for hair fall that you can use to help regrow your hair. Some of the best remedies for hair fall include using natural ingredients like coconut oil, henna, and amla powder. Natural remedies can be used to promote hair regrowth as well as strengthen existing hair follicles and roots.
2. What Causes Hair Fall?
The most common causes of hair fall are genetics, hormonal changes, stress and lifestyle factors such as diet and smoking. Hair fall or shedding causes can range from as simple as using the wrong hair care products to something serious like an underlying medical condition. Some of the most common causes of hair fall include – nutritional deficiencies, thyroid disorders, and certain medications. Let’s check them in detail –
- Family History
Genetics plays a big part in hair loss. If you have family members who have experienced hair loss or thinning, there’s a chance that you may also experience it. This kind of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia, and hormones such as testosterone can have an effect on it.
- Hormonal Changes
Other common causes of hair loss include hormonal imbalances due to menopause or pregnancy, as well as certain medical conditions such as alopecia areata and hormonal differences such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. In addition, some medications may cause hair loss as a side effect.
Stress can also be a major contributor to hair fall, as it can cause changes in hormones and disrupt the body’s production of proteins that are essential to healthy hair growth. Ageing is a natural process and can also contribute to hair fall, although it tends not to be as dramatic or noticeable as some other factors.
- Hair Treatments
Everyday activities such as styling and colouring your hair can cause damage to your hair and scalp, leading to breakage or thinning. It’s important to be mindful of how you style your hair, as well as what products you use. Poor scalp health due to environmental causes like extreme weather conditions, UV exposure or dust can be a factor.
Whatever the causes may be, it’s important to address the underlying causes before beginning any treatment for hair fall. In some cases, simple lifestyle changes can make a big difference in halting or slowing down the shedding process. If you’re unable to identify the causes of your hair fall, consulting a specialist is always recommended.
3. 10 Natural Home Remedies for Hair Fall
There are a few natural remedies that you can try if you’re looking to combat hair fall. One of the most popular natural remedies is using essential oils, such as lavender, rosemary, and cedarwood oil. You can apply these oils directly onto your scalp by massaging them in gently and leaving them on for 15-20 minutes. This can help improve scalp circulation and encourage hair regrowth.
Another popular remedy is using aloe vera gel, which is known to contain many nutrients that are beneficial for healthy hair growth. Finally, another natural remedy to consider is onion juice, as it contains sulfur which helps increase blood flow to the scalp thus promoting better hair growth. Let’s look at them in detail –
3.1. Coconut Oil Massage
When it comes to hair growth and care, coconut oil massage has gained immense popularity due to its effective results. Coconut oil helps nourish the scalp and strengthens the roots of the hair by providing essential nutrients. It also helps fight against fungal infections such as dandruff and dry scalp, which can lead to hair thinning and shedding.
- Place a small amount of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil till it is warm.
- Apply it to the scalp and massage gently with your fingertips.
- Cover your hair for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Aside from its nourishing benefits, coconut oil massage is also beneficial for stimulating the scalp. The extra stimulation helps improve circulation to the hair follicles, which can help stimulate hair growth. In addition, it makes your hair softer and shinier while providing natural moisture that keeps your locks looking healthy and vibrant.
3.2. Onion Juice
Onion juice is a great natural remedy for hair fall. It’s packed with sulfur and other minerals that help to promote healthy hair growth and reduce shedding. Plus, it helps to reduce inflammation in the scalp which can lead to hair loss.
- To make onion juice, simply grate onion into a bowl and strain the liquid out through cheesecloth.
- Apply this juice directly to the scalp and leave it on for about 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Doing this regularly can help reduce hair fall significantly over time. Give onion juice a try today and see the results for yourself.
Bonus Tip: For best results, combine onion juice with other natural ingredients such as aloe vera and coconut oil. Aloe vera is high in vitamins and minerals that can help to nourish the scalp, while coconut oil is packed with fatty acids that can improve hair health.
Simply mix equal parts onion juice, aloe vera juice, and coconut oil together in a bowl before applying it to the scalp for about 20 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and you’ll quickly see the difference in your hair fall!
Don’t forget to finish off by applying a light conditioner after rinsing out the onion juice mix – this will help lock in all the beneficial nutrients, leaving you with beautiful, healthy-looking hair.
3.3. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is one of the best home remedies for treating hair fall and promoting healthy hair growth. The antifungal and antibacterial properties in this essential oil make it an effective remedy for combating various scalp conditions that can lead to excessive shedding. It also helps stimulate blood circulation at the scalp, and when used regularly, it can improve the thickness of your hair.
- To use rosemary oil for treating hair fall, you can either mix it with a carrier oil like coconut or olive oil and massage the mixture into your scalp.
- Additionally, you can also add a few drops of rosemary essential oil to shampoo before washing your hair.
Not only will this make your hair smell terrific, but it may also help reduce hair fall. Home remedies are a great way to treat hair fall in a gentle and natural way, so why not give rosemary oil a try? You’ll be surprised at the results!
3.4. Lime & Amla Juice
Are you looking for an easy and safe home remedy to treat hair fall? Then why not try lime and amla juice? A mixture of lime and amla juice can help reduce hair fall and encourage hair growth. The acidic nature of lime combined with the rich nutrients present in amla makes it a great natural solution to your hair loss woes.
- All you need to do is mix together equal parts of lime and amla juice in a container.
- Apply it on your scalp and massage gently for five minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Do this once a week or as needed and you’ll soon notice the difference! Not only will your hair become thicker, but it will also be shinier and healthier.
Besides being a natural solution to your hair loss problems, lime and amla juice is also very cost-effective. So why not give it a try? Home remedies are always worth a shot!
3.5. Egg Hair Mask
If conventional treatments to curb hair fall aren’t your thing, then you may want to explore some home remedies for hair fall as an alternative. A popular home remedy is using an egg hair mask — this involves mixing eggs with a few other ingredients to create a paste-like consistency and then applying it directly on the scalp. The mixture helps add strength and shine to your hair, and it also helps nourish the scalp. Plus, eggs are packed with protein, which is important for healthy hair growth.
- To make an egg hair mask at home, all you need is two eggs and a few other ingredients like olive oil or honey to help condition and nourish the scalp.
- Once all the ingredients are blended together, apply the mixture to your scalp and hair, then leave it on for 20 minutes or so.
With any home remedy, it’s important to remember that consistency is key — the more often you use the egg hair mask, the more likely you’ll see results. So if you’re struggling with hair fall issues due to stress or other factors, give this egg hair mask a shot and see how your hair responds. It could be just what you need to get your full head of luscious locks back! Good luck!
3.6. Methi Seeds
Home remedies are a great way to combat hair fall issues and one of the most popular remedies is with Methi (Fenugreek) Seeds. They are packed full of essential nutrients that promote healthy hair growth, including Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, and Lysine.
- Take a bowl of fenugreek seeds.
- Grind them up into a fine powder and mix them with some warm water to make a paste.
- Massage this into your scalp and leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- You can also soak the methi seeds in some water overnight and use the strained liquid as a hair rinse.
Both of these methods are known to help reduce hair fall, restore natural colour, strengthen the roots, and increase the volume of your hair. Home remedies are easy to make and can be used as an effective way to manage hair fall. Give methi seeds a try for long-lasting, natural results!
3.7. Green Tea
Green tea is chock full of antioxidants and other nutrients that can help promote healthy hair growth. It’s even been linked with increased circulation in the scalp, which helps stimulate hair follicles and reduce hair loss.
- To use green tea in your hair care routine, simply brew a cup of green tea and let it cool.
- Then use the cooled liquid to rinse your hair after washing. Not only can this help reduce hair fall, but it may also make your hair feel softer and shinier.
- For an extra boost of hydration, add some honey or coconut oil to the green tea and use the mixture to condition your hair.
Home remedies like this are an easy, natural way to take care of your locks and keep them looking their best. No matter what your hair type is, green tea can be an effective solution to prevent hair fall.
Bonus tip: To really maximize the effects of green tea on your hair, try drinking it as well! Green tea is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, which can help keep your scalp healthy and reduce the risk of hair loss. Plus, it’s full of antioxidants that are essential for overall wellness and hair growth. So why not pour yourself a cup and enjoy all the benefits this amazing beverage has to offer?
3.8. Aloe Vera
If you’re looking for natural solutions to combat hair fall, aloe vera is a great place to start! One of the many benefits of aloe vera is that it has been shown to help reduce hair fall and stimulate new growth. This makes it an ideal solution for those looking to promote healthy hair growth.
- To use aloe vera as a home remedy for hair fall, simply mix equal parts of aloe vera gel and coconut oil and massage it into your scalp.
- Leave the mixture on for a few hours before washing it off with lukewarm water. This process can be repeated twice or thrice per week to see the best results.
You’ll soon notice that your hair fall is reduced and you’ll be enjoying healthier hair growth in no time! So, give aloe vera a try – it could just be the perfect home remedy for your hair fall woes.
3.9. Sesame Oil
Home remedies are a great way to tackle hair fall, and one of the most popular ones is sesame oil. Rich in antioxidants and vitamins, sesame oil helps nourish the scalp, increase blood circulation, prevent dandruff and strengthen hair follicles. It also helps reduce inflammation which can be a major cause of hair fall.
- To use it, simply apply some warm sesame oil onto your scalp and massage it for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave the oil on overnight and wash it off in the morning to reap its many benefits.
- You can also add a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary to enhance its effectiveness.
Sesame oil is one of the best home remedies for hair fall and is sure to give you beautiful, luscious locks in no time. Aside from sesame oil, other natural remedies for hair fall include using aloe vera juice or gel, egg masks and drinking amla juice. Aloe vera is incredibly nourishing for the scalp and helps reduce dandruff.
Are you looking for natural, home remedies to combat hair fall? Hibiscus may be the answer you are looking for! Rich in vitamins and minerals, hibiscus can help strengthen your hair follicles, reduce split ends and promote new hair growth.
- Crush and mix a few hibiscus petals with coconut oil.
- Massage this mixture into your scalp and leave it on overnight.
- Rinse out in the morning to nourish and protect your hair from further damage.
Enjoy the beautiful, luscious locks you will have with regular use of hibiscus! Try it today and see how it can help reduce your hair fall!
In conclusion, hair fall is a common problem that can be difficult to manage. Home remedies are a great way to start managing your hair fall and giving you the strong, healthy hair you deserve! With these simple home remedies, you will find yourself well on your way to restoring your beautiful locks in no time. So give it a try today and start seeing the results for yourself.
We hope this article has been helpful in giving you insight into some of the best home remedies for hair fall. Whether you choose to use hibiscus, onion juice, or other treatments, always remember to do your research and be sure to speak with your doctor if you have any concerns before trying any treatment. Hair fall can be tricky, but with the right steps, you can be on your way to healthy hair in no time!
- How can I reduce hair fall naturally?
To reduce hair fall naturally, maintain a balanced diet, rich in vitamins and proteins, and consider scalp massages to improve blood circulation.
- How can I stop my hair fall?
Home remedies like aloe vera, onion juice, and coconut oil can be used to promote hair health and reduce hair fall when applied regularly.
- What is the most effective remedy for hair fall?
While there’s no one-size-fits-all remedy, consistency with a healthy hair care routine is key to addressing hair fall and encouraging regrowth.